Apply by November 20, 2023
- Position Type: Permanent Full Time
- Department: Fundraising & Marketing
- Reports To: Director of Fundraising & Marketing
The Marketing Associate plays a pivotal role in supporting the Director of Fundraising & Marketing by contributing to various facets of internal and external communications, graphic design, and operational fundraising. This position requires a creative and detail-oriented individual with expertise in design, content creation, and a keen understanding of Habitat for Humanity Saskatchewan’s voice and branding.
- Assist in the design and formatting of all internal documents, maintaining a consistent and cohesive brand identity in handbooks, training modules, policies, the Annual Report, email signatures, and other internal materials.
- Be a lead on internal projects as they pertain to communications, marketing, or brand.
- Utilize expertise in graphic design concepts and guidelines, leveraging Adobe Suite or similar tools to produce diverse promotional materials for Habitat Saskatchewan.
- Support in graphic design and formatting for external documents, including newsletters, posters, proposals, presentations, ensuring alignment with brand standards.
- Manage all social media accounts, creating engaging content and collating information from different departments.
- Offer insights and research on SEO strategies for the website, implementing them into daily tasks for improved online visibility.
- Take charge of website management, ensuring updates on program initiatives, homeownership information, build details, etc.
- Act as the primary contact for media relations, drafting press releases, scheduling interviews, planning media events, and creating press kits for various occasions
- Identify and execute outreach opportunities at public events, markets, schools, churches, etc., aiming to engage and educate the community about Habitat for Humanity’s mission
- Lead communication strategies with diverse stakeholder groups through email campaigns, direct mail, and other outreach strategies.
- Assist in graphic design and formatting for proposals, sponsorship packages, event posters, and other materials related to fundraising efforts.
- Manage donor stewardship as it pertains to website recognition, social media posts or print recognition.
Additional Administrative Duties:
- Support the Director of Fundraising & Marketing in various tasks, including email management, drafting corporate proposals, board reports, and overall organizational assistance.
The Marketing Associate role is critical in supporting the overarching marketing and fundraising goals of Habitat for Humanity Saskatchewan by contributing creatively to both internal and external communications and leveraging design expertise to advance the organization’s mission and outreach.
- Degree or Diploma related to Communications and/or Marketing.
- 2-5 years experience in a Marketing, Communications and Development role.
- Proven ability to write, proofread, review, and edit promotional materials and communications.
- Experience in creating marketing collateral, such as brochures, posters, and newsletters.
- Experience managing social media accounts and content creation.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite and website content management systems.
- Familiarity with SEO strategies and their implementation.
- Knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of digital communications.
- Strong oral and written skills with experience in copywriting and content creation.
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience with donor cultivation and stewardship is an asset.
- Experience using Donor Software Management Systems is an asset.