Do you have amazing customer service skills and a can-do attitude, and would like to work for an organization that gives back to people in our community? Then this is the right job for you! Habitat for Humanity Saskatchewan is looking for 2 summer students to work at the Regina and Prince Albert ReStore in the Sales Associate positions.
This position is responsible for supplying excellent customer service to the Regina ReStore customers and donors. In addition, this position will help the store manager with administrative duties as required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Achieving daily sales goals through excellent customer and sales services
- Greeting customers and creating a comfortable environment for customers to experience what the ReStore has to offer.
- Assist in providing a clean, safe environment, including the identification and elimination of potential hazards.
- Being knowledgeable about merchandise and able to answer customer inquiries or obtain additional assistance as required.
- Providing assistance to donors with the drop-off of donations.
- Providing friendly and efficient telephone service.
- Cash register operations and assist with cash-out operations at the opening and closing of the store.
- Assisting with the merchandising and stocking of new merchandise on the sales floor.
- Assisting with the dusting and cleaning of the entire store location.
- Assisting customers with loading and moving products as required.
- Ensuring that daily ReStore safety compliance audits are completed.
- Providing direction to and ensuring that volunteers adhere to ReStore policies and procedures.
- Ensuring the volunteer logs are maintained.
- Must always wear CSA-certified protective footwear while working.
- Other tasks or duties are required by management.
Qualifications and Other:
- Knowledge of the mission of Habitat for Humanity and the mandate of the ReStore.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to take direction and work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to operate store equipment such as but not limited to, telephone, copiers, fax, till, labelling machine, and computers.
- Ability to work in both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Physical ability to move large, bulky, or heavy merchandise.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- Retail experience.
- Equipment operation certification.
- All Habitat for Humanity staff that operates a company vehicle must provide an SGI driver’s abstract and a valid driver’s license.
- An acceptable Criminal Record Check must be provided prior to an offer acceptance.
- Deadline for applications – June 30th – Staring date July 5th.
$13.00 per hour
7-8 hour shifts – Tuesday to Saturday