Why Donate to a Charity?
Donating to charity will do more than help your favourite cause; giving can also provide you with many personal benefits. Whether you donate to our charity or another charity of your choice, charities need help to continue their selfless initiatives.
Here is why we believe people in our communities donate to their charity of choice:
FINANCIAL BENEFITS TO DONATING
Donating to charity can save you money come tax time! When you donate to a registered charity in Canada, you receive a tax receipt. You can submit it with your annual tax return to receive a tax credit of up to 53 percent of your donation. A significant contribution could mean big tax savings, which is a fantastic reason why giving back!
IT STARTS WITH THE KIDS
Teaching children to care about others is essential! Showing kids that you can be a hero to someone else in need is invaluable! Children who watch you donate your money or time will grow up knowing that giving back is the right thing to do and might follow in your footsteps.
GIVING = HAPPINESS
Giving connects us to others, creates stronger communities and helps to build a happier society for everyone. Helping others not only makes us happier and healthier, but it is also good for the recipient. Donating to an important charity helps them continue their vital work and improve your emotional well-being. You don’t have to give money. You can give your time, ideas, and energy. I bet you can see now how this is a win-win situation!
BENEFITS OF DONATING YOUR TIME
If you cannot contribute financially to a charity but are looking for other ways to give back, consider volunteering your time instead. You can meet new people, learn new skills to add to your resume or complete necessary community hours. You can also get involved in the community that supports your favourite cause. For example, if you attend a fundraising event for your favourite charity, you’ll meet new, like-minded people who care about the same cause.
You could also donate your time to a Habitat for Humanity ReStore!
When you choose to support a charity, you are showing gratitude. You can also inspire others to give by posting your kind action on social media to inspire others to give generously.
WAYS TO GIVE TO HABITAT SASKATCHEWAN
There are so many ways to give to a charity, but first, you want to get familiar with each one to choose what is right for you.
The ways that you can donate to Habitat Saskatchewan are as follows:
- Monthly Giving –You can significantly impact our community while making less impact on your wallet. Your convenient and automatic monthly donation helps us plan long-term, budget more efficiently and create more life-changing outcomes. Monthly donations can be any amount that is affordable and meaningful to you and can be changed at any time. For some people, that is $5 a month and for others, $200 a month.
- Legacy Giving –A legacy gift in your will is a simple way to help more families in need of safe and decent housing. You can leave cash or real estate securities. Leaving a legacy gift is the most efficient way to significantly contribute to a charity and ease the burden of your future estate. Legacy gifts can be given in two ways. First, you can leave a lump-sum cash amount to an organization of your choice. These gifts are given separately when you pass away and are not included in your residual estate (everything that’s left after debts/taxes are paid and specific gifts are distributed). Instead of or in addition to leaving a set amount, you may leave a percentage of your residual (remaining) estate to a charity. With planned giving in Canada, the organization will receive the cash value of the distribution you gave them from your overall estate. While a charitable cash gift will remain constant over time, a percentage of your residual estate can grow over time, resulting in a higher potential donation to the charity of your choice.
- Gift of Securities through Canada Helps –By donating publicly traded securities, you eliminate the capital gains tax you would have to pay if you sold the securities and then donated the proceeds. You will also receive a charitable tax receipt for your donation. You can give now or as part of your Estate and Will planning. Donations of securities can now be made through Canada Helps. It is an easy and tax-advantageous way to help Habitat Saskatchewan serve more families. To transfer securities to us, simply visit Canada Helps online at https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/habitatsask/.
- Donate your car – Donate a Car Canada accepts vehicle donations for Habitat Saskatchewan. Free towing is provided in most areas across Canada, or you can drop off your vehicle to maximize your donation. When you donate your car, truck, RV, boat, or motorcycle to us through Donate A Car Canada, it will either be recycled or sold at auction (depending on its condition, age, and location). Donate a Car Canada will look after all the details to make it easy for Habitat Saskatchewan to benefit. After your vehicle donation is complete, our charity will send you a tax receipt and will put your gift to good use. Visit Car Canada’s website https://donatecar.ca/.
- Donate to a ReStore – By donating to one of our three ReStores (Regina, Saskatoon or Prince Albert), you are helping up achieve our purpose. We can then help more families in need of low-income housing opportunities. When you donate to a ReStore, the proceeds go to building homes for more families in need. You can visit the ReStore Donations section of our website to find out more at https://habitatsaskatchewan.ca/restore/donate/.
When you choose to donate to Habitat for Humanity Saskatchewan, you are donating to a local charity which provides families with a safe home, renewed self-confidence and a sense of hope. You are not just providing bricks and mortar to help us build a house for a family in need. You are giving families a hand up to live a better, safer, more successful life.
We rely on gifts from individuals like you, corporations, and other groups to help families needing decent and affordable homes throughout Saskatchewan. Your donation will become part of our revolving building fund, so your donation will continue to give.
Donations of any amount are deeply appreciated! You can donate to us by going to our website here: https://habitatsaskatchewan.ca/donate/
Thank you for choosing Habitat for Humanity Saskatchewan as your charity of choice!
#beahero #donatetoday #helpingfamilies #community #support #donate #Habitatsask